SIP Telephone Notice
Notice to Customers Using SIP Telephones
1. SIP/VoIP products may not work if power to the system is interrupted or if the end user’s telephone services or local area network (“LAN”) is interrupted, depending on the system design and configuration.
Note: CTC-Connect recommends customer installations use Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) to support temporary power interruptions. Extended UPS support is available, but additional charges may apply.
2. SIP/VoIP products may not provide the location of the phone extension to emergency services (911/E911) depending on the system design and configuration.
Note: CTC-Connect includes Emergency Notification that is validated through the National E911 system database. Once your service is validated, you are in compliance. It is the customer’s (end-user) responsibility to update E911 address information if a telephone is moved to another location.
3. The end user should consider having at least one of its telephone lines connected to a telephone that is (1) is separate from their system and (2) does not require separate power in order to dial emergency services.
Note: A single POTS line provides a lifeline/redundancy for emergencies, safety, unusual applications and overflow.
4. SIP/VoIP Products and Licensed Materials are not always fault–tolerant and are not designed, manufactured, or intended for any use requiring fail-safe performance in which their failure could lead to death, serious personal injury, severe physical or environmental damage including the operation of aircraft or nuclear facilities (“High Risk Activities”). These products shall not be used for High Risk Activities.
5. By using SIP/VoIP Products, the end user acknowledges the potential hazards covered by these warnings.